Friday, October 26, 2012

Ode to Fast Food

Ode to Fast Food
by Leslie Williams

Have it your way?
My way? Are you sure?
If you're offering fried lard,
Then I see the allure.

Open late night?
Oh, that's just want I need
The neon glowing lights
To tell me where to feed.

Oh the chalupas and gorditas
The whoppers, beef or chicken,
The original recipe KFC
That's always finger lickin'!

I don't need to watch my weight!
Instead, make it a super size.
Because with all this great food,
I want it to go straight to my thighs.

Who cares about the fat?
Who cares about the calories?
Who cares about all that sugar?
Who cares about the feces?

So bring it on, big or small fries.
I need them to make it through the day.
Forget the idea of cooking and washing dishes
Because when I die, this is the last thing I'll say:

"Yes, I would like fries with that."

I need that deep fried food
like I need the air to breathe.
I must get all that I can...
How else will I get the nutrients I need?

Without fast food, I cannot live...
I will simply cease to be.
My fast food is my life.
A fat-filled grave is my destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment